Keep your baby safe at home with the Levana Astra Baby Monitor
The Levana Astra baby monitor has just about everything you need in a good baby monitor. First of all you have 2-way communication, so you can talk to your baby and soothe them if they are upset. You can also talk to your partner and ask for help if needed.
- 2-way communication.
- Pan & Tilt.
- IR night time vision.
- Zoom feature.
- Plays 3 lullabies.
- Max range 750 feet.
>> In a rush? To skip my review and check out the best price I can find for the Levana Astra baby monitor, click here.
The pan and tilt is a fabulous feature on this Levana monitor
With the pan and tilt on the Levana Astra baby monitor you can remotely move the camera lens using your handheld monitor and track your toddler scurrying across the room, check if you left the window open in the nursery or whether the cat is approaching the crib.
Once you find what you are looking for you can zoom in to monitor the situation closely.
The infrared night vision is a great feature, because you can monitor your baby during the evening and at night. The images are very clear, so you can see if they are moving around.
The monitor will alert you if they wake and the smart LED indicator ring alerts you to their cries, if you have the volume muted. You can even select and play one of 3 pre-set lullabies to calm you baby and help them to relax and sleep.
The Levana Astra 3.5 is a long range baby monitor with up to 750ft transmission range. The optimal range is 200ft, but without too many solid obstructions you should have lots of room to move around and still keep a good eye on your little one.
Lastly, you can add up to 3 more cameras to the system so you can monitor your toddler as they wander around across different rooms and auto scan through the cameras to keep a good check on them.
Adding more cameras is useful if you have twins or other young children that you want to keep an eye on as well.
- Keep an eye on your precious baby while you are busy in another room.
- Monitor your baby at night when they are sleeping.
- Observe an elderly relative to make sure they are safe.
Features of the Levan Astra Baby Monitor
- WIFI: No.
- RF frequency: 2.4Ghz.
- Battery: I Lithium battery with a 10 hr life when video and audio functions are in use (or the LCD is off) and 48hrs in standby mode.
- Power supply: 100-240V.
- Two-way communication: Yes.
- Infrared: 12ft.
- Zoom: x2.
- Pan and Tilt: 300 horizontal x 110 vertical degrees.
- Temperature sensor: No.
- Live feeds: Yes.
- Data encryption: The ClearVu digital signal is a private, secure and interference free transmission that no-one but you can access.
- Antenna: Yes.
- VOX: Yes.
- Range: Maximum range 750ft, optimal range 200ft.
- Lullabies: This model comes with 3 pre-set lullabies – Canon in D, Brahms and Twinkle, Twinkle.
- Warranty: 1 year manufacturer’s direct labor and parts warranty and a lifetime customer support.
- Screen size: 3.5 inches.
- Monitor resolution: 320 x 240.
- Viewing angle: 50 degrees.
- Color images: Yes during daylight hours and black/grey in low light or at night.
- Motion detector: No.
- Sound detection: Yes.
Inclusions with the Levana Astra Baby Monitor
- SD card: N/A.
- Batteries: 1 Lithium rechargeable battery.
- Power cords: 2 power adaptor cords.
More than 60% of customer reviews (that’s a lot!) gave this Levana baby monitor a 4 or 5 star rating. Customers like that you can lock the handheld baby monitor, so little fingers can’t mess with the settings and the video quality is excellent.
20% of customer reviews gave the Levana Astra a one star rating. Complaints included buttons that were too small on the monitor, the 2-way communication makes your voice sound robotic and then various other problems to do with interference, poor images and it simply not working.
Download the Levana baby monitor (Astra) Manual here.
Check out the additional add-on cameras for the Levana Astra Baby Monitor here.
The Levana Astra is a full feature baby monitor that the majority of customers love. The pan and tilt is a well-liked feature, as is the 2-way communication and in general, there is no interference from other 2.4Ghz devices in the home (common with many other monitors).
Customers did note that there is no way to clip the monitor to you when you are working or walking around (though it does have a stand) and the smart ring LED is annoying at night on the monitor, so most people turn it face down when they are sleeping.
Also there is no ambient temperature sensor, but most people don’t find that a problem. Overall, the Levana Astra is a good value camera, but with 20% of customers giving it only a one star rating, I might read some of my other reviews before I decided on this baby monitor.
Read my other Baby Monitor Reviews here.