You can turn the audio monitoring on or off on the Motorola Blink 1 – an important feature is States where audio recording without permission is illegal (access the setup manual here).
Look after your family with the Motorola Blink 1 Nanny Cam
There is nothing like the security of actually seeing your baby when they are asleep, particularly when you are working away from home.
That’s why the Blink1 is such a great little camera to have in your home, as it gives you a sense of safety and security and keeps you in touch with your family.
- 2-way communication.
- IR night time vision.
- Digital zoom.
- Pan & Tilt.
- Temperature sensor.
- Sound and temperature alerts sent via email or SMS.
- Plays gentle lullabies.
Not only does the Motorola Blink 1 look good, but it also has just about every feature you could possibly need in a home monitor and a nanny cam.
First of all, this Motorola Baby Monitor is WIFI capable, so you can be at work all day and still keep in contact with your children at home, watch your partner feed your baby or just make sure they are sleeping soundly.
All you need to do is download the app onto your iPad, iPhone or Android mobile device and you are good to go.
Most people do not have any problems connecting their phone with the Motorola Blink1 and absolutely love using it.
Others however, do have problems with connectivity, whether this is due to their home WIFI network or the camera I don’t know, but it seems that you either have a trouble free time with this Motorola Blink1 or you are beset with connectivity problems.
This is a shame, because as I said, it has everything you need in a great nanny cam. You have a pan & tilt functionality with a zoom facility as well, and you can move the camera around and zoom in for a closer look, all from your smartphone or Tablet.
Pan & tilt, zoom, temperature sensor and 5 lullabies
Night vision is also really good, so you can check on your baby during the evening or at night without having to put the lights on. The Motorola Blink 1 also has a temperature sensor, so you can make sure that the room is not too hot or too cold for your baby.
There are 5 preset lullabies with this Motorola baby monitor, which you can play to help settle your baby and the two-way communication is fabulous – because you can talk to your baby or even your toddlers and children when you are away working.
With the Motorola Blink 1 WIFI camera, you can even chat to your partner while they are changing or feeding your baby.
- Observe your baby at night to make sure they are safe and sleeping soundly.
- Keep in touch with the babysitter when you are at work.
- Observe your baby during the day when you are not at home.
- Chat to your children or partner at any time.
- Make sure your elderly relative is safe at home.
- Keep an eye on your pets, to make sure that they are behaving when home alone.
A really useful feature is that you can not only control the volume when you are talking to your children, but also the volume of the lullabies as well, all from your phone or other mobile device.
Another great feature is that you can take snapshots of the images on your phone or Tablet, save them to your mobile device and then send them on to your Facebook account or email address.
The Motorola Blink 1 baby monitor comes in silver or black and best of all, there are no monthly fees, unlike so many other nanny cams on the market today.
Features of the Blink 1
- WIFI: Yes – the Motorola Blink1 uses 802.11 b/g/n connectivity.
- Battery: No.- you don’t need a battery with this Motorola camera.
- Power supply: DC5V/1.5A.
- Two-way communication: Yes, with the Motorola Blink 1 you can hear and talk or sing to your baby, toddlers or children remotely.
- Infrared: Yes, you have night-time infra-red vision.
- Zoom: Yes, you have a digital zoom.
- Pan and Tilt: Yes, you have a remote pan & tilt functionality.
- Temperature sensor: Yes, you have a room temperature sensor with the Blink1 Motorola camera, which can be set to send alerts to your mobile device when the temperatures changes from preset limits.
- Live feeds: Yes, you have live video feeds of your baby or children.
- Data encryption: Yes, data encryption is built in for added security.
- Alerts: Sound alerts are sent to your mobile device.
- Lullabies: Yes, you have 5 pre-recorded lullabies with the Blink1.
- Warranty: 1 year manufacturer’s warranty.
- Monitor resolution: MJPEG video compression.
- Color images: You have colour images and video during the day and grey and black during nighttime or low light levels.
- Frames per second: 25 fps.
- Motion detector: No.
- Sound detection: Yes.
- Compatibility: PC, MAC, Android phones and iPhones, iPads and Android tablets.
Inclusions with the Motorola Blink 1 Nanny Cam
- SD card: No, not with this camera.
- Batteries: N/A.
- Power cords: Power adapter for Motorola camera Mounting screws not included.
Pros: Only 45% of all customer reviews gave the Motorola Blink 1 WIFI baby monitor a 4 or 5 star rating.
Customers like the ease with which they could set up the camera, its pan and tilt functionality and the fact that it plays lullabies.
I am so totally thrilled with this camera! Easy to set up, easy to download the free APP, easy to open and view.
You can move the camera in different directions from your phone, play music, take a picture or record something.
The Motorola Blink1 Wi-Fi camera was exactly what I was looking for.
The image and the audio are really good and the app sends you a message when there is noise so you can check it out.
Cons: Nearly 34% of customer reviews gave this Motorola camera a one star rating. The overwhelming problem complained about by customers with the Blink1 concerns connectivity issues.
Customers either cannot connect the Motorola camera at all to their WIFI or it keeps dropping out all the time. Whether this is a problem with the home network or the Blink 1 specifically, I don’t really know, but if it works well for 50% of the customers, then it makes you wonder.
US Shipping: For deliveries within the US, shipping is free.
Australia Shipping: This Motorola video monitor ships directly to Australia.
The Motorola Blink 1 is one of the best nanny cams I have seen and it has all the functionality you could possibly want in a nanny cam. The only bump in the road is that so many customers have had problems connecting and maintaining a connection with the Blink1.