Keep an eye on your baby at home with the Motorola baby monitor
The Motorola MBP36 is a nifty little wireless baby monitor that records both sound and video. Setup is easy and don’t need a PC to set up this Motorola baby monitor, so no need for WIFI.
On the flip side, you can’t view the video recordings or audio on your smartphone or iPad, as this monitor is only for home use.
- 2-way communication.
- 4 to 5 hours battery life for the hand held monitor.
- IR night time vision.
- Zoom facility.
- Pan & Tilt.
- Temperature sensor.
- Plays gentle lullabies.
- Alerts you when the hand held monitor is too far away from the camera.
My Motorola MBP36S baby monitor review
This Motorola baby monitor has a fairly decent range of 650 feet from the camera, so you can carry the handheld unit around with you and if you exceed the transmitting range the unit gives you an audible alarm. This means that you can work at home or attend to other duties, while your baby is safely asleep in the nursery.
You have a large 3.5 inch screen with an LED display and crystal clear images. You receive real-time videos and sound from the nursery, so you always know whether your baby is asleep or is starting to wake.
This Motorola video monitor has pan & tilt, zoom, lullabies, temperature senor and IR night-time vision
Another two great features of this Motorola baby monitor is the remote pan & tilt function and the zoom, which lets you see whatever is going on in the nursery (or any room where you have mounted your baby camera) and zoom in close to get a closer look at your baby sleeping.
The pan & tilt is even more useful when you have a toddler, because you can follow them around the room with the camera. You also have infra-red night time vision, so you can clearly see your baby at night, which is a great feature because you don’t need to put any lights on and disturb your baby or toddler.
The Motorola digital video baby monitor also comes with 5 preset lullabies, so you can settle and calm your baby when you are on your way to the nursery or play them as your baby drifts off to sleep. You also have a temperature monitor, so you can be sure that the nursery is always kept at the right temperature for your children.
With all of these features, the Motorola MBP36 is a great value baby monitor, but it doesn’t stop there.
You also have eight different levels of volume and brightness which you can control from your handheld unit, so you can turn the sound or brightness of the monitor down during the evening or at night.
The camera can be mounted on a wall if this suits you better than just standing it on a dresser or shelf in the nursery, although mounting screws are not included in your package.
Lastly, with this Motorola baby monitor camera you can have up to four additional cameras in your home, all on the same handheld unit.
So you can either use the split screen facility and automatically switch between all of the screens on your handheld monitor or watch them all at the same time on a split screen.
This is great if you have more than one baby, toddler or child and need to watch multiple rooms.
- Keep an eye on your baby in the nursery when you are elsewhere in your home.
- Monitor your baby at night when they are asleep in the nursery.
- Watch your elderly relative to make sure they are safe.
Features of the Motorola MBP36 Baby Monitor
- WIFI: No.
- RF frequency: 4 GHz FHSS wireless technology
- Battery: You need one non-standard battery for the handheld monitor (included).
- Battery life: 4 to 5 hours of battery life when fully charged.
- Power supply: 110V-240V, will need a power converter for countries outside of the US.
- Operating system: You do not need a PC to setup this Motorola baby monitor.
- Two-way communication: Yes – crystal clear communication with your baby.
- Infrared: Yes.
- Zoom: x1 or x2.
- Pan and Tilt: Yes – you have a remote pan & tilt facility with the Motorola MBP36.
- Temperature sensor: Yes.
- Live feeds: Yes.
- Data encryption: The signal between the camera and the handheld unit is fully secure and safe from unauthorized access.
- Alerts: An alarm sounds when you are moving out of range of the camera unit and you also have a low battery alarm.
- Range: 650 feet.
- Lullabies: This Motorola baby monitor plays 5 preset lullabies.
- Warranty: 1 year warranty.
- Screen size: 5 inches, LCD screen.
- Color images: Yes, full color during daylight hours and grey and black at night.
- Frames per second: 25 fps.
- Viewing angle: 300 degrees.
- Motion detector: Yes.
- Sound detection: Yes.
Inclusions with the Motorola MBP36 Baby monitor
- SD card: No.
- Batteries: Yes – rechargeable battery pack.
- Power cords: A power adapter for the parent unit and one for the camera.
Pros: 50% of all customer reviews gave the Motorola MBP36 a 4 or 5 star rating. Customers like the pan & tilt facility, the clear images and the lullabies.
Second one we have purchased.
We have had this product for over 2 years. It spends 12-16 hours a day turned on and we have had NO problems.
Love this monitor, sound, video and temperature.
I really like this camera. the pictures is pretty good and the range is good that I can go out side in the yard and it still works.
Cons: 30% of all customer reviews gave this Motorola baby monitor a one star rating. Problems include a faulty charging port, poor quality signals, poor range from camera and battery not charging.
US Shipping: For deliveries within the US, shipping is free.
Australia Shipping: This Motorola video baby monitor ships directly to Australia.
This lovely little Motorola baby monitor has just about every function you could possibly want in a baby monitor. However, only 50% of customer reviewers gave this baby monitor a 4 or 5 star rating whilst 30% gave it a one star rating. There are a variety of problems, the main complaints concerning the battery in the handheld monitor not lasting long enough or not charging.
This monitor is fairly expensive, so if there is a problem with the battery, than that is a real shame, because otherwise, this Motorola baby video monitor has all the bells and whistles you need in a great baby monitor.
You also purchase additional Motorola MBP36 cameras here.