Monitor your baby and keep them safe with the Levana Ayden baby monitor
This lovely little Levana baby monitor has just about everything you will need to monitor your baby or toddler and keep them safe. With the Levana Ayden you have 2 way communication, IR night time vision, x2 zoom, a temperature sensor, a 48 hour battery and plays 3 preset lullabies.
- 2-way communication.
- 48hr battery life in standby mode.
- IR night time vision.
- Zoom in for a closer look.
- Temperature sensor.
- Max 750ft range.
- Plays 3 preset lullabies.
The Levana Baby Monitor is for use at home, it does not work with your smartphone, iPad or other mobile devices outside of the home.
With the 2-way communication you can talk to your baby when they wake, calm them down if they are upset and let them hear your voice and know you are on your way. This is a great feature in a baby monitor because you can sing to your baby or talk to them even if you are not in the same room.
IR night time vision
With the 4 invisible infrared LEDs you have an ultra clear image of your baby or toddler in the dark and up to 15 feet away. This model doesn’t have any of those distracting red LED lights that can keep your baby awake, so they can sleep soundly while you keep an eye on them during the night.
The Levana baby monitor comes with a x2 zoom facility so you can get in close and make sure your baby is safe and sound at all times. It does not have a pan and tilt feature, so if this is important to you – check out my Infant Optics DXR-8 review, which does have pan & tilt.
Some parents don’t find that they want a temperature sensor feature with their baby monitor, others find it very useful. Whatever your feelings, you do have a temperature sensor to monitor whether the room is too cold, too hot or just right for your baby – if you want to use it.
48 hour battery
The Levana baby monitor comes with a PEEP mode (Power-on/off Energy efficient image). This means that if there is no sound in the nursery, the camera goes into sleep mode, saving you hours of battery life.
As soon as your baby cries or makes a sound however, the camera and the monitor comes back to life.
The monitor runs on Lithium batteries and has a life of 8 hours when the video and audio are always switched on and 48 hours in the sleep save mode.
The camera requires 4 x AAA batteries (not included), which last for 3 hours of continuous use – which is great if the power goes out.
You also have a low battery warning with both the camera and the handheld monitor unit.
You have 3 pre-set lullabies which you can play remotely, so whenever your little one wakes you can play them a lullaby while you make your way into the nursery.
Smart LED indicator ring
A nice feature of the Levana Ayden monitor is the smart LED indicator ring, for when you have the monitor muted. The sound of your baby’s cry is color coded from whispers, to murmurs, to cooing, chatter and yelling – so you know exactly what’s happening in the nursery.
Adding extra cameras to the network
You can also add another 3 cameras to the same Levana baby video monitor setup, which is great when your baby is moving around or you have more than one child that needs monitoring.
With multiple cameras you can auto scroll through the different cameras every 6 seconds.
Benefits of using the Levana Ayden baby Monitor
- Keep a close eye on your baby when you are busy in another part of the house.
- Chat with your baby and let them know that you are on your way.
- Keep an eye on an elderly relative in the home.
Features of the Levana Ayden Baby Monitor
- WIFI: No.
- RF frequency: 2.4Ghz.
- Battery: Monitor – 1 Lithium Ion battery with a 48 hour life in VOX standby mode, 8hrs with video and audio on and 10hrs with the LCD display off. Camera – 4 x AAA batteries for emergency 4 hr power.
- Power supply: 100-240 V mains supply for the monitor and camera.
- Two-way communication: Yes, you can talk to your baby and soothe them anywhere within the 750ft range.
- Infrared: 15ft night vision range.
- Zoom: X2.
- Pan and Tilt: No.
- Temperature sensor: You can monitor the ambient temperature in the room.
- Live feeds: Yes.
- WIFI range: N/A.
- Data encryption: The ClearVu digital signal is a private and secure (and interference free) signal that only you can view.
- Antenna: Yes.
- VOX: Yes.
- Range: Maximum signal range 750ft range, optimal range 200ft.
- Lullabies: Yes – 3 pre-set lullabies.
- Warranty: 1 year warranty with lifetime customer support.
- Screen size: 3.5 inch.
- Monitor resolution: 320 x 240.
- Viewing angle: 73 degrees manual vertical motion.
- Focal length: 4.95 mm
- Color images: Yes during the daytime, black and grey during the night.
- Motion detector: No.
- Sound detection: Yes.
Inclusions with the Levana Ayden monitor
- SD card: No.
- Batteries: 1 Lithium Ion rechargeable battery.
- Power cords: 2 power adapters.
Pros: Nearly 80% of customer reviews gave the Levana Ayden video monitor a 4 or 5 star rating. Customers like the size of the monitor display, the crystal clear images, the night vision, the sound quality is great and signal strength is excellent.
I feel that is does all that it’s supposed to for the price range. No complaints!
Easy set up and works great!
Great picture and sound. I did hours of research over days and am very happy with this purchase.
Night vision works great. Sound is great. Clear video.
Cons: Only a few of customer reviews gave the Ayden Levana baby monitor a one star monitor and the main complaint concerned the quality of the video, which they didn’t think was very clear. This means that the vast majority of customers love this baby monitor!
US Shipping: For deliveries within the US, shipping is free.
Australia Shipping: The Levana Ayden does not ship to Australia – see my Shipping Guide for other easy to use shipping options that really work well.
My final thoughts on the Levana Ayden Baby Monitor
The Levana Ayden baby video monitor is a nice little unit that is very popular with the majority of customers. There is no interference from other 2.4 Ghz devices (such as internet TVs and WIFI), so the signal is nice and strong.
The images are clear and the night vision is good. All up, this is a fabulous baby monitor for home use.