Specifications of the Foscam security nanny cam – F19816P
The Foscam F19816P is a plug and play camera that is simple to set up at home – just scan the QR barcode on your smartphone and you are good to go.
This Foscam security camera has powerful LEDS for excellent night vision, a wide lens viewing angle, plus 300 degrees pan and 120 degrees tilt – it does not have a zoom (check out my D-Link DCS-855L review for a similar nanny cam with a zoom).
Motion detection alerts are sent via email (it doesn’t have sound alerts), you can save your snaps and live videos to the SD card or your hard drive (even the cloud).
This Foscam security nanny cam is compatible with all updated browsers including IE, Firefox, Safari and Chrome and with Windows PCs and Macs, not forgetting all mobile devices, both Apple and android.
Specifications of the Foscam wireless IP camera
- WIFI: Yes. 802.11b/g/n wireless connectivity; P2P.
- Battery: No.
- Power supply: DC 5V/2.0A.
- Two-way communication: Yes, this Foscam Wireless IP camera supports two-way communication with a built-in mic/speaker.
- Infrared: Yes, the Foscam FI9816P uses IR-CUT for better night time resolution and has a range of 26 feet (8 meters) and 11 LED lights.
- Zoom: No.
- Storage: With this Foscam camera can use micro SD storage, as well as store images and videos to your PC or the cloud (a free trial for cloud recording is included).
- Pan and Tilt: Motorized pan & tilt – 300 degrees H by 120 degrees V, with a 70 degree field of view.
- Temperature sensor: No.
- Live feeds: Yes.
- Data encryption: Supports WEP, WPA and WPA2 encryption.
- Alerts: Email alerts for motion detection.
- Lullabies: No.
- Warranty: 1 year warranty from Foscam.
Recording Specifications of the Foscam FI9816P
- Video resolution: 1280 x 720 pixels, plus IR cut-filter and H.264 compression.
- Color images: Yes, during daylight hours.
- Frames per second: Up to 25 fps.
- Viewing angle: 70 degrees.
- Motion detector: Yes.
- Sound detection: No.
Inclusions with the Foscam WIFI nanny cam
- SD card: No.
- Batteries: N/A.
- Contents: WIFI antenna, user manual and CD, quick start guide, remote installation card, Foscam Cloud Trial, network cable, power cord and swivel mounting bracket.
Compare the Foscam FI8918W and the Foscam FI9816P
The Foscam FI9816P is the updated version of the Foscam FI8918W. When compared to the older model, this version has better imagery, using an IR cut filter and 720 P HD video.
It also has a slightly wider viewing angle (70 degrees vs 67 degrees) and an easier setup operation. This last point is huge, because many people have had a lot of problems setting up the Foscam FI8918W – a problem that was supposed to be completely alleviated with this model, although some customers still need to call customer support for help setting up and configuring the F19816P.
This Foscam security camera is an ideal option to use as a nanny cam when your baby or children are in the care of a babysitter at home. It is also useful to keep an eye on an elderly relative and your pets.
It has most of the features you need in a nanny cam, but if you want a zoom and sound notifications, then check out my other nanny cam reviews. Overall, the Foscam F19816P is an affordable nanny cam that is pretty easy to set up and works well.