The D-Link DCS-855L is a top of the line nanny cam
The D-Link DCS-855L is the top of the range D-Link nanny cam with all of the features you could possibly need in a good little nanny cam. It looks cute too!
- 2-way communication
- Pan & Tilt
- Digital zoom
- Temperature sensor
- Plays lullabies
- Local SD card storage
- IR night time vision
- Sound and motion alerts via email or SMS
- Can be powered by an external USB battery, as well as mains power
- Interchangeable white, blue and pink rings
With this D-Link wireless camera you can observe your baby, elderly relative or even your pet while you are away from home at work or anywhere in the world, just by using the app on your smartphone, iPhone, iPad or Android tablet.
You can even use it as a baby monitor while you are at home and keep an eye on your baby while you are busy elsewhere in the house. So it is both wireless and WIFI enabled.
The D-Link DCS-855L camera gives you 2-way communication, so you can keep in touch with your children at home, talk to your baby and comfort them if they are upset or even talk to your baby’s nanny or your partner when they are feeding or settling your baby.
Pan & Tilt and digital zoom
You can use the pan & tilt to follow your toddler if they are scampering across the room or move the camera so you can watch your partner feeding your baby in the rocking chair – you can even use the digital zoom (x4) for a closer look. All of this you can do remotely using your smartphone or other mobile device.
With this top of the line D-Link camera you also have a temperature sensor, so you can always be sure that the nursery is at the correct temperature for your baby at all times. You will receive notifications via email or SMS if the temperature changes within a few degrees.
SD card local storage
Don’t forget that you can take snaps and save images and videos to the SD card, which makes it simple to transfer photos and videos to your PC. This is a really great feature that is missing in many other nanny cams.
To help your baby settle at night or after their feed during the day you can also remotely switch on or off any of the 5 built-in lullabies. This is a great feature and helps you to feel more involved with your baby when you are away from home.
IR night vision
This D-Link camera also has 16ft IR night time vision, which means that you don’t need to turn on any bright lights to check on your baby during the night.
If you are not at home, this 16ft range makes it very easy to observe your baby in the nursery during the evening or at night.
Sound and motion alerts
You also receive sound and motion alerts if your baby wakes and is unsettled (via email or SMS), which is a great opportunity to play one of the gentle lullabies to comfort them until your partner or nanny can attend to them.
All up, this is a super little baby cam, which has all the features you need to make sure that your baby is safe both during the day and at night, when you can’t be there to care for them yourself.
You should use the D-Link DCS-855 nanny cam if you want to:
- Monitor your baby during the night to ensure they are safe and sleeping soundly
- Keep in touch with your baby or children when you are away at work
- Remotely play soothing lullabies to help settle your baby
- Check in with an elderly relative when you are away from the home
- Observe your pets when they are left alone at home
- Catch up with the baby sitter at any time
Features of the D-Link DCS-855L nanny cam
- WIFI: Yes, the D-Link DCS-855L uses 11 b/g/n connectivity
- Size: 5” x 4.3” x 5.2”
- Battery: This D-Link camera can be powered by an external USB battery
- Power supply: 100-240 V AC/5 DC
- Two-way communication: You can talk to your baby remotely
- Infrared: You have a range of 16ft nighttime IR vision with LEDs
- Storage: Micro SDHC card slot
- Pan and Tilt: You have a pan & tilt function
- Zoom: Digital zoom x 4
- Temperature sensor: You can check on the temperature remotely
- Live feeds: Yes, you have live video feeds 24/7
- Security: Secure password protection and HTTP and RTSP authentication
- Alerts: Yes, SMS and email sound and motion notifications
- Lullabies: Yes, you have 5 preset lullabies with the DCS-855L baby cam
- Warranty: 1 year limited warranty
Recording specifications of this D-Link nanny cam
- Video resolution: 1280 x 720 HD
- Color images: Yes during day light and grey and black at night time
- Frames per second: 30 fps
- Viewing angle: 70 H x 43 V x 85 D
- Motion detector: Yes
- Sound detection: Yes
- You have to purchase an SD card separately
- You need to download the mydlink Baby Camera app from the Apple App Store or from Google Play
- USB battery not included
Inclusions with the D-Link 855L
- A micro USB-to AC power adapter
- White, blue and pink rings
- A wall mount kit and quick installation guide (USB battery not included)
- Quick installation guide
What do customers say about the D-Link 855L nanny cam?
PROS: Around 60% of all customer reviews gave this D-Link wireless camera a 4 or 5 star rating.
Most customers love this little nanny cam as it has all of the features they need and it works really well.
The camera works great. Total breeze to setup out of the box. I was probably going in 10 minutes.
For me the actual install was easy, I had the thing up and running on wi-fi on my first attempt (I can’t always say that)
The quality of the video is excellent, even at night. The picture is so sharp you can even see the baby breathing.
CONS: More than 10% of all customer reviews gave this D-link camera a one star rating. The main problems tend to be with maintaining a connection and the app seems to be troublesome.
Customer service are really good at responding to complaints and usually offer a solution. With connectivity problems they say to make sure that you are using the right app, as this could be the cause of the connectivity drop outs.
US Shipping: For deliveries within the US, shipping is free.
Australia Shipping: This D-link wireless camera ships to Australia.
Summing up the D-Link DCS-855L nanny camera
Most customers love the D-Link DCS-855L, which is the top of the range D-Link baby cam. It has everything you want in a nanny cam, from 2-way communication, temperature sensor, digital zoom, pan & tilt and an SD card slot.
The only real problems have been with connectivity, but customer support are really helpful. Just make sure that you are using the right app, as this might be the cause of any connectivity problems (if you are using the wrong one!).
A great little baby cam with all the bells and whistles, but it is at the top of the price range.
Read my D-Link DCS-800L review here – this is the cheaper, more basic model.
Compare all the nanny cams in my comparison tables here.